Since March 2022 we have been raising and sending weekly funds to 12 ground partners in different regions of Ukraine, including Mykolaiv, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, Dnipro, Mariupol, Khmelnytskyi, Lviv and Kyiv, so that they can deliver humanitarian aid to people in need. The painstakingly careful spending on the part of our volunteers on the ground allows us to provide a hot meal for as little as $0.5–$2 per person, depending on the region. Together we've helped many people, who were evacuated and/or lost their source of income and could not afford to buy food and basic supplies. In the 8 months of 2022 we raised $129K to fund the following activities of volunteering groups in Ukraine:
1. Pavel and his team provide hot meals 5 days a week in 10 most desperate points of Kharkiv. They cook dishes like borscht, various grains with vegetables, buns, pies, dinks and sweet dishes. People who are sitting in cold basements and shelters many hours without electricity or heat learned to rely on Pavel’s hot food.
2. Anastasia organized a team of 10 volunteers, found a food storage and trucks in Kyiv, and began distributing food to Kherson, Mykolayiv and Zaporizhzhia regions.
3. Anton and his team of seven, who all lost their livelihood in Mariupol, now are a volunteer group in Dnipro, who drives to de-occupied territories to bring food. They also buy necessities for pediatric cancer patients who escaped the war zone.
4. Marianna and another volunteer prepare and deliver hot food to elderly people who live alone in Kyiv.
5. Nataliya organized a food distribution center in Dnipro. She is taking care of families with kids and pregnant women.
6. A Ukrainian-American Vlas happened to be in Kharkiv when the war started. He stayed there and organized a group of volunteers, who now drive trucks with food packages to remote villages and de-occupied areas of Kharkiv region.
7. Team Pelustok - this volunteering group opened a center where they provide hygiene items to people evacuated from the war zones to Zapoizhzha.
8. Nadiya and her team prepare hot food to people hiding in shelters in Kharkiv. She also drives to remote villages to deliver food and other necessities.
9. Maksym and his team of 15 from Mykolayiv drive their own minivans to deliver groceries to elderly and disabled people of Mykolayiv.
10. Vasyl cooks free hot food in his restaurant in Truskavets, Lviv region, and feeds internally displaced refugees.
11.Galaina and her group puts together and distributes bags of groceries for refugees in Lviv region (Unyatichi, Modrychi and other small villages).
12. Volodymyr drives to small villages near Khmelnytskyi to deliver food, groceries and sanitary items to refugees.